Closing date: 10th February 2023
Role reference: 2023-01-001
Trollhättan, Sweden | Full-time | Flexible working
The right to work in Sweden (and/or the EU)
Chassis Autonomy is a deep technology start-up, setting the new state-of-the-art for safety critical vehicle actuation systems. Our mission is to enable true autonomous mobility with our ground-breaking, patent pending steer-by-wire systems. We are now rapidly scaling to ensure we can meet the demands of the market for both fully automated (L4/L5) and partially automated (L2/L3) applications.
To oversee the core design, development and implementation of the control electronics and embedded software for our class leading by-wire actuation systems.
- Work closely with the CTO, Chief Engineer and Head of Functional Safety and Cyber Security to define functional and non-functional requirements.
- Manage external stakeholders and in conjunction with the Head of Functional Safety and Cyber Security, ensure full development compliance with ISO 26262 and ISO 21434.
- Be accountable for the on-time and on-budget delivery of the control electronics and embedded software systems within our actuators.
- Manage programme schedules to ensure technical compliance at each stage and programme milestone.
- Identify new business processes and practices to ensure quality and right-first-time delivery in accordance with ASPICE and support implementation across the company.
Direction and Management
- You will be a senior member of the team and work closely with the co-founders to influence and implement our product development strategy for embedded control electronics and software.
- You’ll be hands-on where necessary, identifying and putting in place the required systems to ensure the department is capable to deliver quality, at pace.
- You have the ability to listen and collect feedback (both positive and negative) and translate this into qualitative and/or quantitative feedback to be used by others for further development and the ability to self-reflect on your own work.
- You will have a clear approach to making critical decisions in a pragmatic manner.
- You’ll support the implementation of business wide processes that align with ASPICE.
- You’ll work with external stakeholders and customers, representing Chassis Autonomy in explaining the capabilities of our systems, relaying feedback to the rest of the team to ensure future development.
- A suitable degree qualification (bachelor’s or master’s) in Engineering Physics, Electrical Engineering, Controls, Mechatronics or similar.
- Leading the development of safety critical embedded control electronics and software systems, ideally within automotive, aerospace or the military sectors.
- An understanding of industry standard functional safety and cyber security, ideally within the automotive sector.
- Fluency in the English language.
- Familiarity in developing software in accordance with AUTOSAR.
- Product and process development in accordance with ASPICE.
- Application experience of ISO 26262 Road vehicles – Functional safety, ISO 21434. Road vehicles — Cybersecurity engineering, UN ECE R155 and UN ECE R156.
- ISO 14229 Unified diagnostic services.
- BLDC motor control / FOC development experience.
- Coding experience (C++ and Python etc.).
Inclusion and Diversity
We welcome diversity, recognising the strong operational and cultural value it brings to our business. We embrace individuality and embrace the clear benefits that it brings to innovation. Our greatest challenge is in building the great team that will enable our mission and that starts with our people, regardless of their backgrounds.
Apply now using the form on our careers page
Please ensure you attach your CV (in English) and quote the role reference.